Discuss how the author uses language techniques to develop a main character in the novel, and how this character helps you understand one or more significant themes/ideas.
Techniques could include figures of speech, syntax, word-choice (Islamic and Farsi words), style, symbolism, structure, foreshadowing, or narrative point-of-view.
- Memory and guilt
- Politics, religion, sociaty
- Monster in the lake
- The cleft lip
- The sacrifical lamb
- The slingshot
- The pomogranite tree
- Naratuve point of view
- Other language techneques
- set the scene – describing Amir, Hassan betrail
- War – refugees in USA, Amir guilt
- Back to afhahinstan – redeems himself
“The Kite Runner” written by Khaled Hosseini uses language techneques to develop a main charactor that helps us to understand different themes and ideas throughout the book.